Proper cleaning and maintenance are key to the longevity, performance, and speed of your rotary packing machine.
Cleaning procedures, detergents used, and cleaning schedules must be defined by the machine owner and depend on the type of product being processed as well as ambient environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, dust levels, vibrations, etc).
Ordinary models are not waterproof, only the countertop (the countertop below the column) can be washed. Compressed air cleaning or wiping is recommended for cleaning methods. The parts in contact with the product can be wiped with a cloth and the hopper can be removed and washed.
If the customer has special requirements for waterproofing, we can add waterproof devices, such as o-rings under the column, change the heat-sealed casing, replace the waterproof joints of all tracheal wires, replace the center shaft, change the electrical control cabinet, and so on. Waterproof rating can reach IP65.
1. If the rotary packing machine is operating, push the STOP button to stop the machine. (Before cleaning, turn off and disconnect the power. Prior to starting any maintenance activity, the energy sources to the machine must be isolated and locked-out.)
2. Open the safety guard doors.
3. Remove pouches and products from the pouch packing machine.
4. Remove debris and product residue from the machine by using compressed air.
5. To remove microscopic debris or chemical substances, use a detergent for cleaning. (It depends.)
6. Rinse the machine with clear water immediately after cleaning. When rinsing, use a hose with low-pressure water, moving from the top to bottom.
7. Use compressed air to remove water from the machine.
Cleaning your pouch filling and sealing machine is just the start! Preventive maintenance tasks are just as important to optimal performance.